Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Ima geta ridder of er, Part Two...

Previously, I discussed my LOVE of cleaning out, throwing away, selling anything not tied down or gold plated. And I heard the *gasps* of horror that went 'round the world. I have extremely sensitive ears...huh? what'd you say?...







Breathe...Don't worry. I haven't gotten rid of anything important... Besides, my children are used to it. They carry everything they want to keep in little suitcases clutched closely to their bodies at all times.



Need proof? Of how sentimental I am?






I still have HER. My handmade Besty Ross doll given to me at my fourth grade birthday party by my best friend, Holly Bashford. Handmade by her mother. Only thing is, she was my best friend, but I wasn't hers...it still hurts...












My daughters scream in fear everytime they see this doll. "Good Lord Mother, you've kept the voodoo doll, but threw away the clothes we came home from the hospital in?" OR


"Good Lord, Mother, you've kept the voo-doo doll but got rid of the dog and the cat?" OR


"Mother, where is my bed?" *can you say craig's list?


They hate my little Betsy Ross doll. They think she's scary looking.



Oh, ggggiiiiirrrlllllsssss...I'm waiting for you.



2 comments:

See Mom Smile said...

I'm actually getting better at getting rid of stuff. But I keep finding stuff too. I love the Betsy Ross doll even if she is a little creepy.

red.neck chic said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!! I like your doll!!! LOLOL

I'm on a quest to get rid of stuff... haven't done very well so far - but I'm still on a quest. LOL

Have a great day and thank you for coming to visit me!!!

;-) robelyn