Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

I went, I saw, I came home bitter

I've returned from my glorious rendezvous at the Country Living Fair...

We walked ,we shopped, we laughed with joy. Packed with creativity,  it was a feast for the eyes, and good for the soul. I came away inspired, rejuvenated, and determined to make my home look like a shop. :)

Then, I walked in the front door of my house.
Good God. I gasped in horror. For some reason, until this very moment, I hadn't realized I was living in a drab, lifeless shell of a home. Why, this is no better than a prison cell...
What's that ugly little chair doing over there in the corner? Who thought it was a good idea to buy a television and prominently display it in the family room? Where are the fabulous fabrics and ribbon and fresh mowed hay strewn upon my floor? What about the fresh flowers, the hand sewn quilts, the charming vintage everything, not to mention  ' what is that smell?'... 





Today is a new day people. I just spent 6 hours cleaning, I've lit every candle I own,  tomorrow I'll be painting, and the day after that, I'm going to build a tree house out back complete with stainless steel appliances, and vintage curtains...



4 comments:

red.neck chic said...

*giggle*

I'll come help you. LOLOLOL

Those chairs are TOTALLY fantastic!!!

;-D robelyn

Beach House Living said...

Thankfully, I spare myself the pain of seeing such pretty things in person. I just sit here in my pj's looking at the homes on blogs and grab a cookie or a dozen to get deal with it.

Lisa said...

And I'll bring the Dr. Pepper. Because NOTHING says beautiful home like the smell of fresh mown hay while swigging down a DP.

Alisha Jaybird said...

Man, I can NOT decorate for my life. I know what I like, but it doesn't necessarily go together. But I love that stuff.